Wednesday, October 12, 2011




Shri Jagjit Singh
8 Feb 1941 - 10 Oct 2011...... but forever...

Aakash ka Suuna pan .... Mere Tanha maan me......

Introduced to me by one of my friend, to whom I will be thankful always, only for this ;-)

I am no one to write about his voice, his music or anything else but I can surely write about myself. Listening to him, I have always been transferred into another world, sometimes of outmost sorrow and sometimes of colourful joy, sometimes of sublime serenity and sometimes to an unexplained uneasiness. Just a voice has done so much for me that it is hard to accept his loss...... very hard.

Although I know that his voice will never go away but to see him sing, to see his smile, to hear him talk to his musicians till the time he is satisfied and even after that giving instructions to the person arranging the music..... ;-) I will miss that.

May your soul rest in peace Sir....

1 comment:

  1. Very well said Ajit... Not only the painting..even your words do it justise... You have truly done the honors of paying a beautiful tribute to a TRUE legend...

    ReplyDelete